For fast-growing companies with solid portfolios, going public often becomes the next logical step to increasing value and brand equity. Executing a successful initial public offering (IPO), however, is a complex and complicated process made more so by the need to be ready to pounce when market conditions optimize. Assuming the company has been making wise infrastructure investments all along, the IPO process will still consume large segments of the business for at least a year. Even companies that have been operating to public standards will find themselves strapped for the kinds of skilled resources necessary to complete the extensive documentation required by investment bankers, auditors and regulators.
If you’re contemplating
an initial public offering, call us.
Our IPO service offerings are customized, cost-effective and cover a broad range of your needs.
- Readiness: Whether you’re just beginning to consider an eventual public offering or gearing up for a targeted launch date, we help you stay on course – establishing priorities, participating in regular planning meetings, augmenting accounting functions to keep routine tasks on schedule, and assisting in evaluating and negotiating with other service providers.
- Documentation, Analysis and Diligence: Identifying what needs to be documented and then doing it right is a critical step in the transition from private to public status. We help you organize and implement a virtual data room to house all relevant documents. We also review all documents to determine if accounting policies need to be changed and pinpoint potential hot buttons (such as segment disclosures, cheap stock, etc.) that need to be addressed to minimize SEC questions during the review process.
- Regulatory Statements: Before signing the comfort letter, auditors must verify every number and the supporting backup in all official submissions. As independent consultants without no conflicts of interest, we bridge the gap between you and your audit firm to help prepare current and historical statements that will pass auditor and regulatory review. We assist in the writing, proofreading and print management of all SEC documents and participate in satisfying any comeback questions.
- Internal Controls: The requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOA) and other regulatory agencies are specific and comprehensive regarding internal controls. Whether you need to install your first compliant internal control processes or improve current competency, we help you implement the right automated infrastructure that can save money – both during the IPO process and for years to come.
- Post-IPO Services: Public status comes with a host of regulatory obligations. We help you close your books quickly and accurately, prepare quarterly and annual filings, and communicate results clearly. We also provide training to improve staff capability to meet the intense scrutiny that comes with public status.